Attention race organizers, chief trail veterinarians and others needing to line up trail vets for races! We are starting a listing of races in need of veterinary support, with contact info. If you want your race listed, please contact us directly.
- IFSS Sleddog World Championships
- IFSS Junior World Championships
- IFSS World Championship-Dietz
- WSA World Championship
- World Championships of the IFSS
- Kearney Sled Dog Race & Winterfest, Kearney, Ontario, Canada - sprint and distance races
- Nordic Open, Åsarna, Sweden - For pure breed Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Samoyeds and Greenland dogs, in both sled – and pulkastyle
- Rideau Lakes Cup, Newboro, Ontario, Canada - Races from Newboro, Ontario on the Rideau Canal, featuring 4, 6 and 25 mile runs
- Andirod 2002 - Part One on Aventurarase.com [site in Spanish]
- Fressnapf Alpirace, Lechtal-Pitztal-Nauders (Tirol/Austria) - Sprint/Skijoring stage race
- International Pedigree Stage Stop Race, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Ivakkak Dog Team Race, Nunavik, Quebec, Canada - A celebration of the Inuit culture promoting the traditional way of dogsledding and the return of the pure bred Inuit Husky dogs in Nunavik
- Kamchadal International Sled Dog Race, Kamchatka, Russia - International Sled Dog Race
- Musherdream, Dalarna, Sweden - the first stage race in Sweden (English version available)
- Colorado's San Juan Stage Racing Series-Directory Plus Mancos Mush (100 mile and 60 mile in 2 stages)
- The Yukon 500, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory - "The Biggest Little Race in The North"
- Baltic Winter Cup — Series of sleddog races across the Baltic states, on snow as well as on dryland.
- ADVANCE Sled Dog Challenge — The only snow based sled dog race event staged in Australia. Short-distance sprint races take place annually at Dinner Plain Village located north east in the Victorian High Country. see www.sleddogchallenge.com and www.visitdinnerplain.com. "Advance Pet Foods Sled Dog Challenge"
- American Dog Derby — Oldest dog sled race in the United States
- Avannaata Qimussersua is Greenland's championship in dog sled racing, using the typically Greenlandic fan formation with 12 dogs. The championship includes all West-Greenland settlements north of the Arctic circle and is held annually in March or April. The route covers about 40 kilometres, mainly on land but occasinnally crossing lake and sea ice. In 2013 and 2014, it was held in the town of Ilulissat.
- Big Land Challenge Dog Team Race — Annual 20-kilometer race in Goose Bay, Labrador.
- Open North American Championship — Culminating event of the Alaska Dog Mushers Association competition season.
- 1932 Olympics Race — Demonstration race involving two 25.1-mile heats.
- Tok Dog Mushers Association Race of Champions — An Alaska Dog Mushers Association event hosted annually in Tok, Alaska for more than 50 years.
- Western Alaska Championship Sled Dog Race — Annual three-day, 15–20-mile sprint race held in Dillingham, Alaska, as part of the Beaver Round-Up celebration.
- Caledonia Classic Dog Sled Races - Annual 3-day event on and adjacent to beautiful Stuart Lake in Fort St. James, BC, Canada. 150km races plus sprints on well maintained trails both on and off lake.
- Can-Am Crown — Annual 250-mile race in Fort Kent, ME
- Copper Basin 300 — Annual 300-mile race starting at Lake Louise, AK
- CopperDog 150 — Annual 150-mile race starting at Calumet, MI
- Défi Taïga 200 — Annual 200-km race starting and ending in Fermont, Quebec
- Eagle Cap Extreme Sled Dog Race — Annual 200-mile race in OR.
- Gin Gin 200 — Annual 200-mile sled dog race starting in Paxson, AK
- Knik 200 Joe Redington Sr. Memorial Sled Dog Race — Annual 200-mile race starting in Knik, AK
- Kuskokwim 300 — Annual 300-mile race on the Kuskokwim River in AK
- Nome-Council 200 — Annual 200-mile race from Nome to Council and back in Alaska. This race takes place in March and is an Iditarod Qualifier.
- Nunavut Quest — Annual sled dog race from Igloolik, Nunavut to Arctic Bay, Nunavut
- Percy DeWolfe Memorial Mail Race — Annual 320 km race from Dawson City, Yukon to Eagle, Alaska and back.
- Tustumena 200 — Annual 200-mile race starting in Clam Gulch, AK
- U.P. 200 — Annual 240-mile race in Marquette, MI
- Wyoming Stage Stop Sled Dog Race — Annual stage race in Wyoming and Utah.
- Caledonia Classic Dog Sled Races - Annual 3-day event on and adjacent to Stuart Lake in Fort St. James, BC, Canada. 150, 200 mile races plus sprints on well maintained trails both on and off lake.
- Canadian Challenge Sled Dog Races - Annual 200 (8 dog Iditarod qualifier) and 325 mile (12 dog Yukon Quest and Iditarod qualifier)race held in February, Prince Albert Saskatchewan to La Ronge, Saskatchewan.
- All-Alaska Sweepstakes — First organized sled dog race. Is not run on an annual basis.
- Alpirod — Defunct 1,000-km stage race in Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and France.
- Femundløpet — 400-km and 600-km category race with start and finish in Røros, Norway
- Beringia — Annual 950-km race which takes place on Kamchatka, Russia
- Finnmarksløpet — 1,000-km competition starting in Alta, Norway
- Hope Race — Defunct 1,200-mile race from Nome, Alaska to Anadyr, Russia, across the Bering Strait
- Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race — Annual about 1,000-mile race in Alaska from Willow to Nome. Commemorates the 1925 Serum Run. 
- Ivakkak - Biennial 500-km race along the Hudson Bay in Nunavik, Quebec; from Inukjuak to Ivujivik. Launched in 2001 to promote traditional dogsledding and the purebreed race of huskies in Nunavik.
- John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon — Annual 400-mile race starting in Duluth, Minnesota
- Kobuk 440 - Annual 440-mile race starting and ending in Kotzebue, Alaska
- La Grande Odyssée — Annual 900 km (560 mi) race in French Alps, from Portes du Soleil to Haute-Maurienne
- Pasvik Trail — Annual 500-km race starting in Kirkenes, Norway
- Vindelälvsdraget — Annual 400-km relay race on the Vindeln River in Sweden
- Race to the Sky, a 350-mile race held in Montana
- Yukon Quest — Annual 1,000-mile race from Fairbanks, Alaska to Whitehorse, Yukon one year; then Whitehorse, Yukon to Fairbanks, Alaska the next.
Multiple Day Events:
- American Dog Derby — Oldest dog sled race in the United States.
- Caledonia Classic Dog Sled Races - Annual 3-day event on and adjacent to beautiful Stuart Lake in Fort St. James, BC, Canada. 150, 200 mile races plus sprints on well maintained trails both on and off lake.
- Fur Rendezvous Festival — A winter festival in Anchorage, Alaska that includes several sled dog races including the World Championship Sled Dog Race, a sprint mushing event
- Haliburton Highlands Dogsled Derby — Collection of sprint races held annually in Haliburton, Ontario.
- Kearney Dog Sled Races — Ontario's largest dog sled races held in Kearney, Ontario on the western boundary of historic Algonquin Park. This race offers Sprint, 4 dog 4mile, 6 dog 6 Mile, Skijouring and a mid distance 10 dog staged (50km / day / 2 day) race. Held annually on the second weekend in February each year with a 20+ year history.
- Laconia World Championship Sled Dog Derby — Annual event of the Lakes Region Sled Dog Club in Laconia, New Hampshire that includes several classes of sprint races. The event has been hosted for more than 80 years.
- Wanaka Sled Dog Festival — Multiple-race event hosted in Cardrona, New Zealand
Please note that this list of races may change and become outdated or canceled due to weather. If you have any updates, please send us anote! Email to ISDVMA@isdvma.org with any other inquiries or questions, or for general information.
Copyright ©2016 ISDVMA